- Pinky Handshakes at our morning meeting
- Learned about our website because MISS EVIE EWING already won MONEY for solving our 20 QUESTIONS and our HINK PINK for the week. Others of us earned money for commenting on the BLOG!
- We did 3 different one minute things which included things like one handed planks, the splits, and even some boxing moves!
- We buddied up with 2 friends and made the number 3 with our bodies
- We learned how to say THREE in 10 different languages! WOW! That's a lot of languages and every single one of them said it a different way.
- We had a ROCK PAPER, SCISSORS tournament
- We shared three things about ourselves from our share sacks
- We had a 3 minute dance party
- We played a matching game and matched a whole bunch of "TRI" words with their definition. This meant we had to know that a triceratops has three horns and what exactly a trifold and tripod were.
- We added things that come in 3's to our GIANT #3 all day (like 3 stooges or triplets)
- We ate a three musketeer candy bar
- We had our very own 3rd grade triathlon to finish up the day
I think this is only some of what we did today to be real honest because we were BUSY, BUSY, BUSY all day long! I am absolutely in LOVE with how hard the kiddos are working right now! They have jumped on board with our new CHAMPS method of classroom management and have been super sports when we have worked on different team building activities. One of them helped during the trike part of the triathlon so much that he said, "Hey Mrs. Jenkins, I know I lost at least a pound this afternoon!" and you know what I know he's right! This teamwork is EXCELLENT and something we strive very hard in third grade to be able to handle! I am IMPRESSED with what I am seeing! Classroom dollars are being handed out right and left for all kinds of things and everyone seems to be figuring out our system! Trust me when I say that this was the BEST DAY so far!
I am gonna keep the blog shorter this evening because I have tons of pictures to post so enjoy them! Check out the pictures below from today's fun!
Have a super evening! Good luck to everyone scrimmaging someone this evening!
| || |
Too cute not to share!
And no we don't have any super, silly clumsy kids in here!
I just thought since we celebrated the 3rd day of 3rd grade you all might like to hear how Billy Joe McGruffey celebrated every year!